Who is your customer?
The target market is businesses currently serving wines by the glass. These include restaurants, restaurant chains, caterers, hotels and casinos, sports events, concerts and other public events and airlines. End users are wine drinkers, about 20% of US adults. We estimate this market to be in excess of $3 billion annually in restaurants alone.
What problem does this idea/product solve or what market need does it serve?
Wine by the glass costs too much. And much of the wine poured by the glass is flawed. Bottles create huge waste and expense. Current tap systems fail to deliver optimum flavor, require significant capital investments from users and don't deliver cost savings. We not only solve those problems we bypass antiquated distribution networks and eliminate waste..
Now premium wineries have the means to get patrons of popular restaurants to taste their wines without having to commit to the purchase bottle without having tasted it.
What attributes will make this idea/product successful? Why do you believe that those features will create success?
Purevin provides a turnkey packaging, logistics, marketing, sales, delivery and patent pending dispensing and controls systems to the wine and restaurant industries. Purevin's tap system delivers a better product at lower prices to the consumer. It increases restaurant quality and profits. And it gives wineries a profitable, green, alternative to traditional distribution, marketing and sales networks. Our competitive advantages are:
1. Superior patent pending visual appeal, portioning and flavor..
2. Patent pending financial, inventory and quality controls systems our competitors can't offer.
3. Better selection of wines including boutique and imported wines not offered by our competitors.
4. Low cost packaging and distribution with better prices for our customers.
5. Higher margins and lower upfront costs for our customers
Explain how you (your team) will execute to make this idea/product successful? What gives you (your team) an advantage over others already in the market or new to this market?
We are a turnkey distribution, sales and dispensing system for wine. We buy wine from wineries and sell it to restaurants and other venues. Our revenue comes from our distributor markup on wine as well as leasing of our patent pending dispensing and controls systems. We sell products and outsource service to our beer distributor partners. Those partners in turn get access to a quickly growing beverage segment while increasing profits.
The only significant competitor we have identified is Silver Tap Wines. The wine on tap business is a fledgling, fragmented industry with divergent business models. In spite of this there is strong demand from restaurants and it is quickly growing.Most of our competitors make their own wines and rely on third party dispensing systems. We will offer a better selection, equal or better pricing, and a vastly superior, closed, dispensing system.
Key factors for marketing success:
1. Our sales people also select the wines we buy.
2. We provide training materials to our clients on our wines.
3. Clients can increase margins vs. competing systems - we market not just quality but profitability.
4.Extensive industry contacts.
5. We anticipate we can get our clients virtually any wine.
6. Our PR agent has contacts at major media outlets.
7. System replaces existing beer taps.
9. Sexy visuals/ ritual